Missing Check on Reconciliation Screen

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

LarryF500

Missing Check on Reconciliation Screen

Post by LarryF500 »

I have a check that was entered in the Accounts Payable Maintain Open Invoices screen, posted, and then posted in Fund Accounting but does not show up in the bank reconciliation screen. The Vendor Activity Summary report shows the check correctly.

Where does the bank reconciliation program pick up the check information? Is it from the Accounts Payable module or the Fund Accounting module? (I may have to re-create a record.) :(

I am wondering if the Accounts Payable record may have been deleted in some way after the record was posted in Fund Accounting?

- Thanks for any help! :D

NeilZ

Re: Missing Check on Reconciliation Screen

Post by NeilZ »

LarryF500 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:54 pm
I have a check that was entered in the Accounts Payable Maintain Open Invoices screen, posted, and then posted in Fund Accounting but does not show up in the bank reconciliation screen. The Vendor Activity Summary report shows the check correctly.

Where does the bank reconciliation program pick up the check information? Is it from the Accounts Payable module or the Fund Accounting module? (I may have to re-create a record.) :(

I am wondering if the Accounts Payable record may have been deleted in some way after the record was posted in Fund Accounting?

- Thanks for any help! :D
Are you sure of the date of the check? Lots of times a date was entered incorrectly, and the check was entered for an upcoming month, rather than the month of issue.

Do this .. do a REINDEX of the system from the Utilities menu. Then go back into reconcilation. When you go into the reconciliation screen REMOVE the filter by UNCHECKING the box next to only show items before statement date. This will bring up all reconciled deposits and checks.

The Reconciliation function pulls all its data from the posted entries in Funds Accounting, does not rely on Accounts Payable. If an AP record was deleted you would have gotten a warning and a notice that you would be doing so. Since you say that the Vendor history shows the check, nothing was done in AP.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

LarryF500

Post by LarryF500 »

Thanks! I discovered that when I created and posted the check, I typo'd the account fund number and the check ended up in the wrong PowerChurch bank account but was printed (and cashed) on the correct bank account check stock. I voided the check in PowerChurch and re-entered it correctly to get everything resolved.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

LarryF500 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:43 am
Thanks! I discovered that when I created and posted the check, I typo'd the account fund number and the check ended up in the wrong PowerChurch bank account but was printed (and cashed) on the correct bank account check stock. I voided the check in PowerChurch and re-entered it correctly to get everything resolved.
Ah ... if this is a standard vendor, I would definitely setup the proper checking account on the Vendor Record to keep this from happening in the future.

Neil, KN3ILZ
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.