How to reprint previous year W-2s

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

OhBeWan

How to reprint previous year W-2s

Post by OhBeWan »

Select Accounting, then Accounting Reports, then Payroll. No W-2s. Where do I find them?

Select Accounting, then Payroll, then Reports - Payroll. No W-2s.

Select Accounting, then Payroll, then Tax Reporting, then W-2. I get a few messages. One of them is that "Only 2020 forms and efiling are supported." If I put in a prior year and click through the next few screens, I get a "W2 Information Found" screen. On it, there is a choice "Regenerate W-2 information from payroll records." My guess is that this will reprint the info on blank forms unless I feed in pre-printed forms. Is this correct? I wanted to ask before I click.

Thanks.

NeilZ

Re: How to reprint previous year W-2s

Post by NeilZ »

OhBeWan wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:59 pm
Select Accounting, then Accounting Reports, then Payroll. No W-2s. Where do I find them?

Select Accounting, then Payroll, then Reports - Payroll. No W-2s.
The reason is W-2s are not reports, they are tax reporting forms, and have always been listed under Tax Reporting.
Select Accounting, then Payroll, then Tax Reporting, then W-2. I get a few messages. One of them is that "Only 2020 forms and efiling are supported." If I put in a prior year and click through the next few screens, I get a "W2 Information Found" screen. On it, there is a choice "Regenerate W-2 information from payroll records." My guess is that this will reprint the info on blank forms unless I feed in pre-printed forms. Is this correct? I wanted to ask before I click.

Thanks.
Yes, it will only print previous years W-2s on pre-printed W-2 forms for that year, although you can print on plain paper, but it will not have the proper format. It will not create the blank paper forms has that template changes every year. What you may want to think about in future is keeping a copy of the printed W-2s and W-3 in PDF form so you can easily reprint them if needed.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.