entries in GE

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

meadowbrookfwbchurch

entries in GE

Post by meadowbrookfwbchurch »

I practiced entering checks, credit card purchases, contributions, payroll, etc in PCP for December. Now I want to delete everything except the CoA and start as of Jan 1, 2021. How do I delete entries in GE? I think I have AP, Contributions and Payroll deleted. I did not want to do a restart and have to reenter the Chart of Accounts.

NeilZ

Re: entries in GE

Post by NeilZ »

meadowbrookfwbchurch wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:17 pm
I practiced entering checks, credit card purchases, contributions, payroll, etc in PCP for December. Now I want to delete everything except the CoA and start as of Jan 1, 2021. How do I delete entries in GE? I think I have AP, Contributions and Payroll deleted. I did not want to do a restart and have to reenter the Chart of Accounts.
In reality ... its much easier to reenter the Chart of Accounts using the setup assistant, then to try to reverse all those entries. Not to mention the fact that all those reversals, deletions, and so on, are probably reflected in the audit records. Since everything you've done previously was basically test and practice, you really don't want those audit entries in the actual data.

As far as Contributions, it really has no bearing on Accounting. Its a separate module, and separate database area. When you restart accounting, it only affects accounting.

The best thing to do is print out the Chart of Accounts using the Chart of Accounts report, and restart accounting. Remember to have the CHECK REGISTER available, NOT the bank statement. There's another user here who used the bank statement, and is probably going to have to restart accounting because the bank statement balance does not reflect the state of the account as of the date you begin your use of the system.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.