A change to the original budget

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

khaldrogo

A change to the original budget

Post by khaldrogo »

Tips For Packing A Cooler Properly

Even you buy the Best Coolers; you have to know how to pack your model properly. If not, it can't maximize its cooling powers. In case you don't have much knowledge and experience in this issue, let me help you by providing some helpful tips below:

Chilling your cooler before packing

The colder your cooler is, the longer it can hold ice cold. If you have a commercial freezer, let you put the cooler inside the whole night. In case you don't have this machine, it's okay to keep your cooler out on your porch at night.

In sum, choose the coolest area to store your cooler before traveling.

Freezing your content

If possible, you should freeze all of your food and drink. However, in the event of a limited freezer, you had better give priority to steak and chicken in advance. Next, do the same with your water and other noncarbonated drinks.

Using ice blocks

You can keep ice blocks cold longer than ice cubes in a cooler because they don't melt too fast. What's more, it's easy to make them. What you have to do is to freeze water in Tupperware, and everything is done. However, this method requires you to use a hammer or pick to knock them off.

Draining water on long trips, not short trips

Why shouldn't you drain water on a short trip? It can keep your content, especially beer cold longer. However, the water will make your remaining ice melt quickly. If you want to keep your ice blocks cold for the next 7 days, I strongly recommend you drain your cooler a few times per day.

Packing your content in layers

Store your ice blocks at the cooler's bottom; after that, let you cover these blocks with a thin and solid layer like a sheet of cardboard and a milk crate.

Why should you make this barrier?

It can keep your food and drinks from slipping between the ice blocks and getting soggy.

Not using food packaging in the cooler

I got a bad experience with food packaging in the past. I resealed the tortilla bag before storing it in the Best Coolers In The World, and I got a bunch of soggy mash just after a while.

If you are in my shoes, what will you do? In case you haven't had any idea in your mind, you can refer to my solution here.

Storing your food in Tupperware or Ziploc bags can not only protect your content from unexpected accidents but also cut down on trash.

Note: Remember to use wet paper towels to wrap your greens before putting them in bags. This tip can keep them crisp longer.

Keeping your cooler latched and closed

When not in use, ensure to keep your cooler sealed. If not, the cold air will leak out. Determine the positions of what you want, and take it out as fast as possible to close the cover quickly. This method helps you minimize unessential venting cool.

Preparing a separate beer cooler

Beers usually take plenty of space in a cooler. So, if you plan to bring a lot of beers on your trip, it's better to invest in a separate beer cooler.

Cleaning and air-drying your model after the trip

I know that after the trip, everyone is too tired to clean the cooler. However, if you don't want bacteria to fester inside, try a bit. You can wash with a combination of soap and warm water or some bleach. Make sure that your cooler is thoroughly dry before storing it. If not, the water left inside can build up to something dirty.

Storing the cooler inside

Durable and Best Rated Coolers can put up with a falling tree. However, it can't contact the sunlight for a long time. If you let this thing happen, it's straightforward to break down the plastic material. To last the cooler's lifespan, please store it in your garage.

How to maximize high performance coolers?

In sum, keep your cooler from the sun and hot air outside. If you have many beers, bringing a separate beer cooler is a must. And you shouldn’t believe in food packagings, or they will create a mess. To keep your content cold longer, you can add extra layers, use ice blocks instead of ice cubes, and drain water regularly. If possible, you had better freeze your content and chill your cooler.
Last edited by khaldrogo on Mon May 09, 2022 6:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

NeilZ

Re: A change to the original budget

Post by NeilZ »

khaldrogo wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:01 am
Is there a chance it is in the works for Budget Amendments to show as a change to the original budget?
Thank you!
I haven't heard of that. However, the easiest way to do this currently is to adjust the amounts in the account that is being changed.

1. from the Accounting -> Fund Accounting -> Setup -> Maintain Chart of Accounts function, look for the account that you're changing the budget on. Click on the BUDGET button which will bring up the account's current monthly budget list.

2. Go to the month where the changed budget amount starts, and update the number in that month's entry, do that for the rest of the year.

3. You can then verify the change in the budget by running the Budget Report updating the date to reflect Jan thru Dec and the account, or the Monthly Budget Amount report and adjusting as necessary to show the particular account for the year which will show the changed amount starting at the month it was changed.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.