Changing Accounts on a Posted Transaction

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Flint Calvary

Changing Accounts on a Posted Transaction

Post by Flint Calvary »

I can't find this answer in my manual so turning to the forum.

I need to change the fund account # to which I credited a transaction that has since been posted to fund accounting. Is there a way to do this...? I also need to change the offset account to which a deposit has been credited.

NeilZ

Re: Changing Accounts on a Posted Transaction

Post by NeilZ »

Flint Calvary wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:02 pm
I can't find this answer in my manual so turning to the forum.

I need to change the fund account # to which I credited a transaction that has since been posted to fund accounting. Is there a way to do this...? I also need to change the offset account to which a deposit has been credited.
I'm surprised you didn't find how to REVERSE transactions in the manual. That's what you'll have to do. Reverse the original deposit, then reenter it using the same date, same amount, but with the correct accounts that should have been used originally.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Flint Calvary

Re: Changing Accounts on a Posted Transaction

Post by Flint Calvary »

Ah. "REVERSE" was the magic word. I was looking for change, edit, back out ... looked under transaction ... thank you, as always. I will fix this the proper way with the manual's help, now.

Thanks again. I've been using this software for going on five years and there are still some aspects of it I have trouble wrapping my head around. Appreciate y'all.