accounting setup assistant

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

meadowbrookfwbchurch

accounting setup assistant

Post by meadowbrookfwbchurch »

I restarted the account because of errors I made.
I must have checked something incorrectly because I do not have the accounting setup assistant.
I entered the CoA through maintain chart of accounts, but now I can't find a way to enter beginning
balances. Do I have to restart accounting all over again? Will the set up assistant show up then?

NeilZ

Re: accounting setup assistant

Post by NeilZ »

meadowbrookfwbchurch wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:48 pm
I restarted the account because of errors I made.
I must have checked something incorrectly because I do not have the accounting setup assistant.
I entered the CoA through maintain chart of accounts, but now I can't find a way to enter beginning
balances. Do I have to restart accounting all over again? Will the set up assistant show up then?
When you restart Accounting, it will restart everything, Funds Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll. If done correctly, you will see the Setup Assistant listed under the Accounting menu.

From what I can tell, you didn't completely restart accounting.

That said, what beginning balances are you referring to? Assets, Expenses?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

meadowbrookfwbchurch

I did a restart on everything so I could begin January 1. I think I started the Set Up Assistant and then closed it.
I then entered all my CoA and now can't see how to enter bank acct numbers, beginning balances
for bank accounts, temporarily restricted accounts.
Will I have to restart accounting all over again?
Thanks for the help.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

meadowbrookfwbchurch wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:32 am
I did a restart on everything so I could begin January 1. I think I started the Set Up Assistant and then closed it.
I then entered all my CoA and now can't see how to enter bank acct numbers, beginning balances
for bank accounts, temporarily restricted accounts.
Will I have to restart accounting all over again?
Thanks for the help.
FWIW ... bank account numbers are not saved in the system other than a note on the account in the CoA.

You can add the balances by creating transactions for each account by DEBITing the asset account, and CREDITing the fund balance/net assets account.

The checking account is easy ... using the default asset account and unrestricted fund balance/net asset numbers:
01-1110-000 CHECKING DB 1000.00
01-3110-000 Unrestricted CR 1000.00

However, not knowing how you have your temp restricted accounts setup (where the assets are kept, and so on) I can't give additional suggestions.
I do suggest that before you do anything do a backup of the ACCOUNTING files using the PCPlus backup utility.

As far as the restarting accounting, the system does allow you to save your work to verify what you entered, then go back in to add the beginning balances, and so on.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

meadowbrookfwbchurch

I did do a restart and began the setup assistant, but when I closed it before I was finished, instead of checking Exit Accounting Setup, I must has checked complete the Accounting Set Up in error. I went ahead and entered the chart of accounts. But I need to add Outstanding checks, Outstanding deposits, Temporarily Restricted Fund balances (15 of them)..
We previously used another program so I am starting this as of Jan 1, 2021.
I have read the manual and watched videos. I think I need to do another restart to get everything set up correctly. I would like to get it correct this time.
This is a little bit over my head, but maybe someday I will understand it.
Thanks for your help.