Dec 2020 941 problem

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

fbcsequim

Dec 2020 941 problem

Post by fbcsequim »

We just got an IRS notice saying "Your tax liability schedule for the quarter ending December 31, 2020 (Form 941) was not submitted or completed correctly." Of course the notice doesn't say what the problem was.

We simply print and sign Form 941 from PowerChurch and mail it in. I wonder if others got this notice for the last quarter of 2020. If so, has anyone determined what the problem was?

I wonder if it somehow relates to Part 2 of the Form. PowerChurch put an X in the first box of Line 16 even though Line 12 is over $2,500. We always do our tax deposits online quarterly and there isn't a quarterly deposit schedule mentioned in Part 2, so maybe we're supposed to be doing monthly deposits and can no longer do quarterly deposits. Maybe this is the crux of the problem. Anyone know?

NeilZ

Re: Dec 2020 941 problem

Post by NeilZ »

fbcsequim wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:42 pm
We just got an IRS notice saying "Your tax liability schedule for the quarter ending December 31, 2020 (Form 941) was not submitted or completed correctly." Of course the notice doesn't say what the problem was.

We simply print and sign Form 941 from PowerChurch and mail it in. I wonder if others got this notice for the last quarter of 2020. If so, has anyone determined what the problem was?

I wonder if it somehow relates to Part 2 of the Form. PowerChurch put an X in the first box of Line 16 even though Line 12 is over $2,500. We always do our tax deposits online quarterly and there isn't a quarterly deposit schedule mentioned in Part 2, so maybe we're supposed to be doing monthly deposits and can no longer do quarterly deposits. Maybe this is the crux of the problem. Anyone know?
This is something you have to contact the IRS about directly. Without having all the information needed, we couldn't hazard a guess as why you got that notice.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.