Accounts Payable

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Monica_S

Accounts Payable

Post by Monica_S »

Hello,
I'm fairly new to using PowerChurch and I've been working on entering our bank statement under "Accounts Payable" "Maintain manual checks" this is the way I learned it, I'm not sure if I'm wrong. everything good up to there. But I am wondering whether I'm missing a step or not, because when I go to see "Unposted Transactions" because I want to double check that my transactions match the bank, it says "no unposted transactions". But I entered them, they come up when I click "Maintain Manual Checks- Locate"

So, is there an extra step after you've entered all transactions?
I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get!!

NeilZ

Re: Accounts Payable

Post by NeilZ »

Monica_S wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:21 pm
Hello,
I'm fairly new to using PowerChurch and I've been working on entering our bank statement under "Accounts Payable" "Maintain manual checks" this is the way I learned it, I'm not sure if I'm wrong. everything good up to there. But I am wondering whether I'm missing a step or not, because when I go to see "Unposted Transactions" because I want to double check that my transactions match the bank, it says "no unposted transactions". But I entered them, they come up when I click "Maintain Manual Checks- Locate"

So, is there an extra step after you've entered all transactions?
I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get!!
Yes .. you have to post Accounts Payable to Funds Accounting before they show up in Funds Accounting. You can review these in the Maintain Manual Checks. I'm not sure what you mean by 'match the banks'. If you enter the transaction as you would be writing a normal check, there shouldn't be a problem. i would review them first in AP before you post as its much easier to correct there.

However, if you're just starting out with accounting Powerchurch, you should have entered all this data from your CHECKBOOK during the Accounting Setup. If this is not the case don't worry about it, as I suspect what you're doing is covering any ACH transactions automatically taken out of the checking account. Is that right?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Monica_S

Re: Accounts Payable

Post by Monica_S »

Yes .. you have to post Accounts Payable to Funds Accounting before they show up in Funds Accounting. You can review these in the Maintain Manual Checks. I'm not sure what you mean by 'match the banks'. If you enter the transaction as you would be writing a normal check, there shouldn't be a problem. i would review them first in AP before you post as its much easier to correct there.

However, if you're just starting out with accounting Powerchurch, you should have entered all this data from your CHECKBOOK during the Accounting Setup. If this is not the case don't worry about it, as I suspect what you're doing is covering any ACH transactions automatically taken out of the checking account. Is that right?

Hi, yes, im covering transactions automatically taken out of the checking account. I went ahead and posted accounts payable and indeed they show up in unposted transactions now. thank you so much! I've been struggling with this since wednesday and solving it lifted a huge weight off my shoulders, thank you!