Voiding a check dated 2-24-2021

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

fbctnc

Voiding a check dated 2-24-2021

Post by fbctnc »

Power Church Online
Our church needs to void a check dated 2-24-2021 and reissue a new check since the original check was lost in the mail. How should I handle this?
Void the check in AP, reissue a new check; but what date do I use on the new check. Is it necessary to redo end of the month financials for February, March, and April?

NeilZ

Re: Voiding a check dated 2-24-2021

Post by NeilZ »

fbctnc wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:00 pm
Power Church Online
Our church needs to void a check dated 2-24-2021 and reissue a new check since the original check was lost in the mail. How should I handle this?
Void the check in AP, reissue a new check; but what date do I use on the new check. Is it necessary to redo end of the month financials for February, March, and April?
What you should do is this:

1. POST any checks currently in Funds Accounting
2. Find the vendor in the Vendor List, go to history, select the check, and then select VOID.
3. Reissue the check using the current date. If using v12, the system will ask if you want to reissue the check and what date you want to use. Use the current date, and enter the next check number to print.
4. Post all the transactions
5. No need to 'redo' any financials, the money was initially allocated back in February, obviously for a bill due in February. The VOID transaction will be dated the current date. Since the new check is also dated the current date, they cancel each other out (void puts funds back - reissued check takes it out) so really there is no change to any account.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fbctnc

Re: Voiding a check dated 2-24-2021

Post by fbctnc »

Thank you so much!