Release Fund Not Showing Up

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sonyatch

Release Fund Not Showing Up

Post by sonyatch »

I have a Temporary Restricted Fund that is not showing up in my list when I enter a check and click the Release Restricted Funds button.

I'm confident there is a box not checked somewhere or something simple but I have searched and compared everything I can think of and can't find it. Any suggestions?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Release Fund Not Showing Up

Post by Zorak »

Go to Accounting > Fund Accounting > Setup and choose Maintain List of Donor Restrictions. Add the restriction there, linking to all of your existing accounts. This record is what adds it to the Release Restricted Funds list.

sonyatch

Post by sonyatch »

Thank you! Does this normally happen automatically when a Restricted Fund Account is set up?

I did not remember having to do this in the past. Perhaps I had just forgotten! I have it there now so, again, thank you!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The ones that are created by the Accounting Setup Assistant in the beginning, when setting up your chart of accounts, are created there automatically. Otherwise, new donor restrictions you add after the initial Accounting Setup is complete have to be manually added on the Maintain List of Donor Restrictions screen.