Checks not showing up as being written

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

TeresaZ

Checks not showing up as being written

Post by TeresaZ »

In starting to reconcile June bank statement I see that there are 9 checks that do not show up in our 01-1110-000 checking account. Seven were paychecks dated 6/21/21 as well as a check dated 6/18/21 and 6/19/21. I made sure they were not still waiting to be posted and payroll as well as accounts payable and also Fund Accounting did not show any waiting to be posted.
I've never had this happen before. I have the check stubs and all checks have cleared the bank. How could this happen?

I did send a message to Tech Support as well; however, tomorrow is payday again and I'd like to have this resolved before I write new paychecks.

NeilZ

Re: Checks not showing up as being written

Post by NeilZ »

TeresaZ wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:37 am
In starting to reconcile June bank statement I see that there are 9 checks that do not show up in our 01-1110-000 checking account. Seven were paychecks dated 6/21/21 as well as a check dated 6/18/21 and 6/19/21. I made sure they were not still waiting to be posted and payroll as well as accounts payable and also Fund Accounting did not show any waiting to be posted.
I've never had this happen before. I have the check stubs and all checks have cleared the bank. How could this happen?

I did send a message to Tech Support as well; however, tomorrow is payday again and I'd like to have this resolved before I write new paychecks.
Normally, the only way this could have happened is that someone restored a backup that was taken before the checks were written. However, have you tried a REINDEX of the database .. sometimes this fixes database issues.

That said, you can reenter those as MANUAL checks in both AP and Payroll, but I would definitely check if anyone restored a backup.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

TeresaZ

Post by TeresaZ »

No one but me uses Power Church so there was no backup reinstalled. I will try the Reindex and pray that helps.
Thank you for your assistance.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

TeresaZ wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:28 pm
No one but me uses Power Church so there was no backup reinstalled. I will try the Reindex and pray that helps.
Thank you for your assistance.
FWIW .... I always do an accounting backup each time I'm done using that module
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.