Electronic payments

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dpetherbridge

Electronic payments

Post by dpetherbridge »

We have begun to have late charges due to the mail taking so long.

We've always preferred printing checks for tracking and approving payments.

However, to avoid this situation with some vendors, like credit card companies, Is there a way to easy way to make payments electronically (online) in Power Church?

Our administrative assistant usually enters payments and prints checks and as Treasurer I sign and mail them. Is there a way for him to enter for payment but I release for payment electronically?

Thanks,

Dan

NeilZ

Re: Electronic payments

Post by NeilZ »

dpetherbridge wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:25 am
We have begun to have late charges due to the mail taking so long.

We've always preferred printing checks for tracking and approving payments.

However, to avoid this situation with some vendors, like credit card companies, Is there a way to easy way to make payments electronically (online) in Power Church?

Our administrative assistant usually enters payments and prints checks and as Treasurer I sign and mail them. Is there a way for him to enter for payment but I release for payment electronically?

Thanks,

Dan
Powerchurch does not have an electronic interface for such payments.

However, there are a few ways to take care of this.

1. If you're receiving bills late, that is the closing date is say 08/10/2021, the due date 08/25/2021, but you don't get the paper bill until 08/20/2021, change to paperless billing. The company will send you a notice that the bill is due usually the day after the closing date, you then download a PDF and print the statement. This gives you more time to get it in the mail. You would process the check normally.

2. Another method is to setup online debit payments from your Credit Card company. When the notice the bill is due is sent from the company, you print the statement, go online and initiate the payment. Your bank account is then debited. You would then enter a MANUAL check in Powerchurch to cover the debit. Many churches pay their FITW in this manner.

3. One more method depends on whether or not your bank is setup to allow a user to create bills, but money is not released until a user with more privileges releases the payment. This provides that second-party release mechanism you're looking for. Again, this depends on your bank's online system. As in item 2, you would enter a MANUAL check for the payment.

Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.