Budget Report

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

fbctnc

Budget Report

Post by fbctnc »

What report do you suggest be used for the budget that goes to deacons then church for approval for the new year.

When preparing the new year's budget, the Annual Budget Worksheet is perfect. Currently, our church would like a Budget Report that has a column for COAs, description, 2021 Budget, 2022 Budget, and a column for difference. Right now this is accomplished by exporting to an Excel spreadsheet hiding columns, deleting what you don't want, entering and filling down for formula to calculate difference, etc. All this takes time because the budget changes many times before a budget is finalized and, of course, that spreadsheet is requested every time a change is made. It would be nice to be able to have a report title Approved Annual Budget.

Is there a report somewhere in FA that I just have not found or is this something that a custom report could handle. Since I have not created any custom reports, I am hoping this might be handled in Power Church.

Just wondering how other churches handle this situation.

Thank you.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Budget Report

Post by Zorak »

The Yearly Budget Comparison report might come closer to what you are looking for. What is missing from that report is the Difference column at the end and your specific title.

The Custom Report writer in Fund Accounting does allow you to report on budget amounts, but asks for a specific year data to report on, so unfortunately, it isn't possible to do multiple year comparisons in a report.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

I've always used the Yearly Budget Comparison when presenting the budget to the church for information. However, in our denomination, our Session (church board) makes the decisions, and the budget is then presented as info to the congregation.

That said, that report does provide a great way to show what the previous year's and proposed new budget looks like.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fbctnc

Post by fbctnc »

Thank you for your help.

Would it be possible to have the option to change the report title for the Annual Budget Worksheet like some of the other reports allows?

Again, thank you for your help.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I will write up a new suggestion to add the option to specify a report subtitle like some other reports have.

fbctnc

Post by fbctnc »

Thank you so much.

fbctnc

Post by fbctnc »

Could you advise on the status of this request submitted in September of last year. The last I heard this suggestion was passed on. I just checked to see if the subtitle could be changed for the Annual Budget Worksheet in order for our church to use this report as our official budget. It would be nice to be able to change the title from Annual Budget Worksheet to Approved Budget and if necessary Amended Approved Budget.

Thanks for your assistance.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

fbctnc wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:24 am
Could you advise on the status of this request submitted in September of last year. The last I heard this suggestion was passed on. I just checked to see if the subtitle could be changed for the Annual Budget Worksheet in order for our church to use this report as our official budget. It would be nice to be able to change the title from Annual Budget Worksheet to Approved Budget and if necessary Amended Approved Budget.

Thanks for your assistance.
I can tell you that its not been implemented yet, and I'm on v14. However, have you tried saving the report to TXT or RTF format? You can then edit the name, and print out the report that way.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fbctnc

Post by fbctnc »

Yes, I realize that this can be accomplished as you suggested, but that is just 1 more step outside of Power Church that must be done. If the subtitle could be changed, it would be so helpful and it would also be less likely that an error would occur from exporting and editing.

Thank you.