Accepting Venmo

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

TeresaW66

Accepting Venmo

Post by TeresaW66 »

Hi, I'm brand new to Powerchurch so forgive me if I'm asking this in the wrong area. My youth pastor wants his parents to be able to send money to our bank accounting using Venmo. Is that something I can or should do? How would I set it up for Powerchurch? Would it be like our PayPal account? Thank you!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Accepting Venmo

Post by Zorak »

I would expect that a Venmo account would be set up just like the PayPal account. From my understanding, they are essentially the same thing.

auhamer

Re: Accepting Venmo

Post by auhamer »

I have been using Venmo for a year to receive donations. My experience is that people have a lot of trouble finding the right Venmo account unless I give them the direct link. When my term as treasurer ended recently I learned another problem. I tried to transfer the non-profit Venmo account to the new treasurer. But the account is tied to MY phone and MY personal account. There is no transfer function. I was advised to delete the existing account and have the new treasurer create a new account tied to her phone. BUT the rules are that the account name cannot be reused, so you would have to create an entirely new name.

Venmo is an immature product.