Setting up Payroll and Direct Deposit

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bking403

Setting up Payroll and Direct Deposit

Post by bking403 »

Do you charge a service fee to do direct deposit and what do i need and what is the cost? I go through a third party but we are trying to cut cost now, I just post manually payroll in powerchurch. I been in contact with our bank tand they charge a fee to do ach direct deposit of at least 94.00 a month which i only for 5 employees

NeilZ

Re: Setting up Payroll and Direct Deposit

Post by NeilZ »

bking403 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:16 am
Do you charge a service fee to do direct deposit and what do i need and what is the cost? I go through a third party but we are trying to cut cost now, I just post manually payroll in powerchurch. I been in contact with our bank tand they charge a fee to do ach direct deposit of at least 94.00 a month which i only for 5 employees
All the Powerchurch program does is provide the ACH file that the bank uses for processing the direct deposit. There is no fee for that. There is no other 'service' provided.

What I did for three employees direct deposit was basically setup the employees as 'vendors' at the bank for a direct payment. Then I would process payroll in Powerchurch as manual checks with check number of EFT, email the paystubs to the employees, keep a copy of the paystubs for my record, and enter the amount of the 'check' as a vendor payment to the bank via the bank's website.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bking403

Post by bking403 »

did your bank charge you fees for this as well

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bking403 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:29 am
did your bank charge you fees for this as well
Depending on the bank, you may have fees for use of the online vendor payment system, and a per payment fee. I'm thinking the total was less than $25 a month or so.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.