Cleared Checks Not Appearing in Fund Accounting

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

antioch-alexandria

Cleared Checks Not Appearing in Fund Accounting

Post by antioch-alexandria »

I am attempting to reconcile our November bank statement and I'm having problems with two transactions. They were inadvertently credited and debited to the same account instead of being credited to our general funds account. I finally found the error when I looked at the posted transactions in fund accounting. How do I correct?

NeilZ

Re: Cleared Checks Not Appearing in Fund Accounting

Post by NeilZ »

antioch-alexandria wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:46 pm
I am attempting to reconcile our November bank statement and I'm having problems with two transactions. They were inadvertently credited and debited to the same account instead of being credited to our general funds account. I finally found the error when I looked at the posted transactions in fund accounting. How do I correct?
You're going to have to VOID the checks in Accounts Payable, reissue the checks as MANUAL checks using the same check number, date, and amount, but with the correct debit and credit accounts. Then post Accounts Payable, and Post Accounting. You should see the reissued check in the list.

You need to do the VOID from Accounts Payable to insure that all areas of the Accounting database are properly updated.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

antioch-alexandria

Thank you so much. I was thinking that may be the solution, but I was waiting to hear from "the expert".

antioch-alexandria

Thank you so much. I was thinking that may be the solution, but I was waiting to hear from "the expert".

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

antioch-alexandria wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:15 am
I'm hardly that, but I've been there a few times :)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.