Adding a Checking Account during accounting year?

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

fbcofficelincolnil

Adding a Checking Account during accounting year?

Post by fbcofficelincolnil »

I have another checking account that needs added to the Chart Of Accounts for 2022...how can I add this with the balance as of Jan 1, 2022? Thx in advance for your assistance.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Adding a Checking Account during accounting year?

Post by Zorak »

You can add the account by going to Accounting > Fund Accounting > Setup. Choose Maintain Chart of Accounts. Click Add and follow the onscreen prompts to add a Detail/Asset account.

To add the balance, enter a transaction in Accounting > Fund Accounting > Enter Transactions. Date it January 1, 2022 and accounting month January 2022. The new checking account will be debited. The account to credit will be determined by where the money is coming from.

Abbie

Post by Abbie »

Hi Zak I have the same question. I created and all that. I am debiting the new balance and Credit will be from Unrestricted Net Asset will be?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Abbie wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:59 pm
Hi Zak I have the same question. I created and all that. I am debiting the new balance and Credit will be from Unrestricted Net Asset will be?
No, you wouldn't debit Unrestricted Net Assets necessarily. Where are the funds coming from? Existing Checking account, Savings ???
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.