Posted Transactions

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FirstMOBC

Posted Transactions

Post by FirstMOBC »

I am viewing posted transaction items for 2021. I see a check with the number but no name assign to the check. I went back to the check stub I have on file and the name is on the check stub. I also check the bank account and the check have the name on it also. Anyway I need to correct the item in posted fund accounting. How do I correct after item is posted in the fund accounting? Its an account payable item posted in February, 2021.We use online 12.5 version
Margaret Allen

NeilZ

Re: Posted Transactions

Post by NeilZ »

FirstMOBC wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:43 pm
I am viewing posted transaction items for 2021. I see a check with the number but no name assign to the check. I went back to the check stub I have on file and the name is on the check stub. I also check the bank account and the check have the name on it also. Anyway I need to correct the item in posted fund accounting. How do I correct after item is posted in the fund accounting? Its an account payable item posted in February, 2021.We use online 12.5 version
Before you do anything do a REINDEX of the database. The reason I say to do this is because the printed check and stub has the correct name. If after the reindex the name does not appear, you'll probably have to VOID the original check in Accounts Payable.

To do this:
1. Find the vendor record for the vendor the check should have been made out to under Accounting -> Accounts Payable -> Setup -> Maintain Vendor Records.
2 On the vendor record go to the history tab, then find the original check entry and highlight it.
3. Check the VOID button on the right
4. The Void Accounts Payable entry screen will appear. Check the BOX for Reissue Check[/i}, enter the same date and check number used for the original check. Do not check the Print Check box. Click the OK[/i} button.
5. You'll get a confirmation window telling you the original check was voided, and a new check created and that you'll find them under MANUAL CHECKS.
6. Go to the Maintain Manual Checks and verify that the vendor name is showing on the replacement check.
7. Post both manual checks. When you do your next checking account reconciliation you'll find one listed under the deposits, and one in the check list.

As always, I recommend that you do a backup of the Accounting database so you can restore back to where you started in case of an error.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FirstMOBC

Post by FirstMOBC »

I did the re-index and nothing change. I also voided the check and post again however the column with Transaction Description remain blank. I tried to copy so you can see but I am not able to copy and paste. I don't see anything missing on the vendor's contact information,
Margaret Allen

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FirstMOBC wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:33 am
I did the re-index and nothing change. I also voided the check and post again however the column with Transaction Description remain blank. I tried to copy so you can see but I am not able to copy and paste. I don't see anything missing on the vendor's contact information,
So the name is still missing even though you voided and reissued, and before you posted that manual check, you verified all the data was on the check prior to posting.

After posting and before posting in Fund Accounting, did you check to see if the data was still listed on the transaction when viewing in the Unposted Transactions function?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FirstMOBC

Post by FirstMOBC »

Sorry for the late reply, I did not confirm the transaction when viewing in the unposted transactions function. Should I try again?
Margaret Allen

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FirstMOBC wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:41 pm
Sorry for the late reply, I did not confirm the transaction when viewing in the unposted transactions function. Should I try again?
Frankly, I really can't see cluttering up your system with another void and reissue. If the proper accounts were credit & debited, and everything other than the name missing is OK, I would not worry any further about it. The vendor record in Accounts Payable shows the check being issued to that vendor, so if you really need to track it for audit purposes, it is there.

However, if other checks to the same vendor show the same issue, then its another story.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FirstMOBC

Post by FirstMOBC »

Thank you I believe the vendor is a one time vendor. But the history is under the vender’s history with his name and address.
Margaret Allen