Posting Reversal - "Transaction not posted because it is out of balance by ##"

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

roller200x

Posting Reversal - "Transaction not posted because it is out of balance by ##"

Post by roller200x »

All,
I incorrectly posted an out of balance transaction to my general ledger, PowerChurch allowed for this posting. I did not recognize this mistake for several months. When I realized, I reversed the transaction. Now when I try to post the reversal to the general ledger I get the following error, "Transaction not posted because it is out of balance by $##.##".
Anyone have a suggestion on how to correct an previous out of balance posting without posting a correcting out of balance post? My reversal transition is a result of using the reversal button in the "view posted transactions" transaction details screen.

I am using power church 12.2, on a windows 10 PC.

Thanks

NeilZ

Re: Posting Reversal - "Transaction not posted because it is out of balance by ##"

Post by NeilZ »

roller200x wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:46 pm
All,
I incorrectly posted an out of balance transaction to my general ledger, PowerChurch allowed for this posting. I did not recognize this mistake for several months. When I realized, I reversed the transaction. Now when I try to post the reversal to the general ledger I get the following error, "Transaction not posted because it is out of balance by $##.##".
Anyone have a suggestion on how to correct an previous out of balance posting without posting a correcting out of balance post? My reversal transition is a result of using the reversal button in the "view posted transactions" transaction details screen.

I am using power church 12.2, on a windows 10 PC.

Thanks
FWIW ... if you enter OOB in the check number block, PCPlus figures you know what you're doing and will let it post. OOB transactions should be used sparingly, if at all.

You have to post the fix as an OOB transaction. I suspect that the reversal changed the check number block, and the system doesn't recognize the change as being an OOB transaction. Just change the check number to read OOB.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.