Can't find an old transaction in PC+

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Steve Seitz

Can't find an old transaction in PC+

Post by Steve Seitz »

We have been using PC+ since 2004 and are currently using V12. Our bank reconciliation report shows an outstanding deposit date 3/22/2003. It's actually the deposit half of a voided check. My problem is that I can't find that deposit to reverse or void it because all of the tools only allow me to go back to 2004 to view transactions. I have reopened all the accounting months to no avail. How do I access these transaction records that are older than the earliest date I can access?

NeilZ

Re: Can't find an old transaction in PC+

Post by NeilZ »

Steve Seitz wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:47 am
We have been using PC+ since 2004 and are currently using V12. Our bank reconciliation report shows an outstanding deposit date 3/22/2003. It's actually the deposit half of a voided check. My problem is that I can't find that deposit to reverse or void it because all of the tools only allow me to go back to 2004 to view transactions. I have reopened all the accounting months to no avail. How do I access these transaction records that are older than the earliest date I can access?
Since you started using the system in 2004, and the date of the deposit is 2003, you're not going to have any records of that. You may have to adjust that as a adjustment/transaction for 2021 (or the first month you started actually using Powerchurch accounting in 2004) then clear it via the December bank reconciliation. I would put as much information in the comments block of the void/adjustment you create.

The reason you probably can't access is that if that transaction was entered when you were starting Accounting, I'm assuming it was not entered through a standard entry using the accounting modules. I forget when they created the 'starting assistant' for Accounting, but that has 'bulk' entries of uncleared checks, deposits as part of the setup.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Steve Seitz

Post by Steve Seitz »

Thanks for the advice. That was going to be my fallback if there was no way to get to the actual transaction.

Steve Seitz

Post by Steve Seitz »

A follow up question. Since I can't see the original transaction, how can I know what accounts were debited and credited? How would I structure a reversing/adjusting transaction?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Steve Seitz wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:39 pm
A follow up question. Since I can't see the original transaction, how can I know what accounts were debited and credited? How would I structure a reversing/adjusting transaction?
Again, since I suspect you entered this via the Accounting Setup, it would have been entered without accounts. I would create an Out Of Balance (OOB) transaction, these transactions should not be used for anything outside of this type of issue.

This is covered in the User Manual. If you're using v12.2, OOB transactions are talked about on page 204 at the top. You would need to add or subtract funds to the checking account balance so you'd debit or credit the checking for the amount. You'd use a reference number beginning with the letters OOB. Since this refers to a 2003 transaction, i'd use OOB-2003.

As always I suggest a backup of the Accounting files using the Powerchurch backup utility so you can back out of any changes if the change does not fix the issue.

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.