Transmission error in electronic filing of W2s

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gccc

Transmission error in electronic filing of W2s

Post by gccc »

I am using PCP V12 on Windows 10 and am attempting to file my W2s electronically for the first time. When I click on "File Electronically" in the Print W2 Assistant, I am taken to another screen where I get an error message that says:

TRANSMIT FAILED
The following errors were found in your filing submission:
LocalNameOne - The form contains an invalid Indiana county code. Enter a valid Indiana county code
on Line 20 of the W-2. The list of valid county codes can be found by going to
https://www.in.gov/dor/files/dn01.pdf. -

I can't go any further.

Box 20 on the PCP produced W2 has an abbreviation of my county name filled in (Bartholo). This was automatically populated by PCP. Looking back on previous years' W2s this box is filled in the same way. Is the error message asking me to change the name out with the county code which is 03 for Bartholomew County Indiana? I haven't been able to find any clarification searching online and I'm afraid to change it without some input.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Transmission error in electronic filing of W2s

Post by Zorak »

The locality name you entered can be found on the Maintain Tax Types screen found under Accounting > Payroll > Setup. Use the Locate button to bring up that local/county tax item and change the Locality name to the code from the Indiana county list.

gccc

Re: Transmission error in electronic filing of W2s

Post by gccc »

Got it. Thanks!