Pastor - Elective Deferral

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

christybeth

Pastor - Elective Deferral

Post by christybeth »

We have a pastor that wants elective deferral for the 403b plan and this is a first for me. We have other lay employees doing this but I want to make sure the Pastor is properly set him up in payroll since they can be treated differently in regards to taxes, etc.

Can I use the same item number for him as a pastor or do I need to use a different item number with other selections? The current 403B Deduction has item type as "Other Deduction", reported on W2 with box 12 code E and only Federal Withholding is checked (we do not have state tax). This pastor does not have Federal Withholding but we do have another pastor that does. Thanks in advance!!

NeilZ

Re: Pastor - Elective Deferral

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:46 pm
We have a pastor that wants elective deferral for the 403b plan and this is a first for me. We have other lay employees doing this but I want to make sure the Pastor is properly set him up in payroll since they can be treated differently in regards to taxes, etc.

Can I use the same item number for him as a pastor or do I need to use a different item number with other selections? The current 403B Deduction has item type as "Other Deduction", reported on W2 with box 12 code E and only Federal Withholding is checked (we do not have state tax). This pastor does not have Federal Withholding but we do have another pastor that does. Thanks in advance!!
You would need to create a new Item Description (and number) for the pastor, unless he decides to have taxes withheld. If not, create an item with the same parameters as the first, but without any of the tax selections checked.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.