Old Benefit Deductions on Current Balance Sheet

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wabclubbock

Old Benefit Deductions on Current Balance Sheet

Post by wabclubbock »

Hi,

I recently took over from our previous secretary and I noticed on our general balance sheet that there are 2 old benefit deductions listed. They are not being currently withheld or paid for anyone on staff anymore. Is there a way to find where this info is kept in Power Church to remove it from the balance sheet? I did uncheck the active box on the vendor record but that did not help. Any ideas?

Thank you!

NeilZ

Re: Old Benefit Deductions on Current Balance Sheet

Post by NeilZ »

wabclubbock wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:46 pm
Hi,

I recently took over from our previous secretary and I noticed on our general balance sheet that there are 2 old benefit deductions listed. They are not being currently withheld or paid for anyone on staff anymore. Is there a way to find where this info is kept in Power Church to remove it from the balance sheet? I did uncheck the active box on the vendor record but that did not help. Any ideas?

Thank you!
I'm assuming these are liabilities, and are there any funds listed in these? If so, that's why they're appearing. FWIW .. unchecking the vendor active box has no affect on anything in Funds Accounting itself.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wabclubbock

Post by wabclubbock »

Yes, the general fund is attached. I was able to make it 'inactive' but that did not help either. It also will not allow me to delete the account since there is transaction history. It throws off the balance sheet by them being included.

Thanks!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wabclubbock wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:02 am
Yes, the general fund is attached. I was able to make it 'inactive' but that did not help either. It also will not allow me to delete the account since there is transaction history. It throws off the balance sheet by them being included.

Thanks!
Yes, you won't be able to delete any accounts with history. How old are these deductions? You didn't confirm if they were liabilities or not.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wabclubbock

Post by wabclubbock »

Yes, they are liabilities. One deduction is from 2020 and hasn't been used since and the other is from 2021.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wabclubbock wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:37 am
Yes, they are liabilities. One deduction is from 2020 and hasn't been used since and the other is from 2021.
Are there still funds in those accounts? If so, you can empty the accounts back to your checking account. If they are showing a negative amount that's a different story.

In any case, once the accounts shows that it contains zero funds, it will not affect anything.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.