Fund Accounting Transfers

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

fbcsequim

Fund Accounting Transfers

Post by fbcsequim »

We currently only use one accounting fund and haven't done transfer entries between funds for many years. We would like the Income and Expense Statement to no longer show a Transfer section since we don't have transfers and it creates an extra page at the end of the report. Is there a way to get rid of the Transfer section on this report? Note: We have two "Transfer" accounts that can't be deleted because of activity in past years. Perhaps these are causing the Transfer section to appear on the report.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Fund Accounting Transfers

Post by Zorak »

The default option on that report is to not include accounts with zero balances, so they should not be shown if running the report that way.

If you need the zero balance accounts to be included, you can mark the transfer accounts as inactive, which will remove them from the report. In testing this, I see that the TRANSFERS and TOTAL TRANSFERS lines still show, with no account detail and no balance. I'm going to write up a bug report about that and see if that is actually the desired behavior. I don't think it is.

You can mark an account inactive by going to Accounting > Fund Accounting > Setup > Maintain Chart of Accounts. Use the Locate button to bring up the account in question, then click the Details button next to the accounting fund. At the top right of that Account Detail screen that opens, uncheck the Active option.

fbcsequim

Re: Fund Accounting Transfers

Post by fbcsequim »

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see it. I thought I had the Notify checkbox checked but must not have. Anyway, I already had the transfer accounts marked inactive, but like you said that doesn't prevent the Transfer section heading lines from showing on the I/E report. This indeed seems like a bug. I hope it gets fixed.