Florida Dept of Revenue Employer’s Quarterly Report (RT-6)

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

umc.manatee

Florida Dept of Revenue Employer’s Quarterly Report (RT-6)

Post by umc.manatee »

We are a Florida church with a preschool and were told that we need to file a RT-6 (Florida Department of Revenue Employer’s Quarterly Report)? Is this commonplace to other Florida churches with preschools? And does PowerChurch have this report as part of the Tax reporting (like 941 and W2's)?

TIA,
Adrienne

NeilZ

Re: Florida Dept of Revenue Employer’s Quarterly Report (RT-6)

Post by NeilZ »

umc.manatee wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:37 pm
We are a Florida church with a preschool and were told that we need to file a RT-6 (Florida Department of Revenue Employer’s Quarterly Report)? Is this commonplace to other Florida churches with preschools? And does PowerChurch have this report as part of the Tax reporting (like 941 and W2's)?

TIA,
Adrienne
FWIW ... this is what the Florida Dept of Revenue says about why this report is needed:
Florida employers pay reemployment tax. It is one of the employer's business costs. Workers do not pay reemployment tax and employers must not make payroll deductions for this purpose. Employer payments go into a fund from which money is paid to eligible, unemployed Floridians who file claims for reemployment assistance with the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
Basically, every employer is paying for unemployment insurance; and yes it does cover non-profits.

As far as the report, no Powerchurch does not do specific State reports such as this. However, the Payroll Item Summary Report can give you the data you need to fill in the form.

My advice, if you have an accountant in your congregation, I would ask them for some volunteer assistance to get you setup for this.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

umc.manatee

Post by umc.manatee »

The Item Summary Report does not add the total gross wages per employee. Is there a report that does that?

Thanks,
Adrienne

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

umc.manatee wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:04 am
The Item Summary Report does not add the total gross wages per employee. Is there a report that does that?

Thanks,
Adrienne
Do you need the total income of all employees, or the total PER employee? If per employee, did you have the Print Summary by employee box checked ? If total, it should be at the bottom of the report listed as Total Income . All income pay items are totaled under that header.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

umc.manatee

Post by umc.manatee »

When I run it by Employee, it sums up all of their individual types of wages per Employee, but it does not give a grand total of each employees gross income (Regular plus OT plus Vacation Pay plus Holiday Pay, etc) like it would do on their pay stub. Is there any report that does this?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

umc.manatee wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:59 pm
When I run it by Employee, it sums up all of their individual types of wages per Employee, but it does not give a grand total of each employees gross income (Regular plus OT plus Vacation Pay plus Holiday Pay, etc) like it would do on their pay stub. Is there any report that does this?
Do you need it by employee?? The Wage and Hour report will give you totals PER PAY ITEM by employee. You'll have to total each employee's pay items separately. However, you can run that report by employee and that will give you the total of all their income pay items. That may be the easiest way to do this, plus you can print that report to keep as supporting data.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

umc.manatee

Post by umc.manatee »

Sorry to bring this back from the dead - but yes, I need it by employee. Do I have to run the report each time for each employee we have?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

umc.manatee wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:01 am
Sorry to bring this back from the dead - but yes, I need it by employee. Do I have to run the report each time for each employee we have?
Well .. you could run it as a combined report, but you'd then have to total any individual income amounts per employee.

For example:

Say the pastor gets a monthly salary, housing allowance, and Social Security offset. These are all income items that would need to be totaled for that employee.

I'm going to assume that there is only one employee that falls into that type of category.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.