941 Payroll Problem

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

TeresaZ

941 Payroll Problem

Post by TeresaZ »

February had 2 pay periods, 2/01 and 2/15/22. The 2nd (2/15/22) does not show up in February check register nor does it show up in 941 Tax Deposit amounts--only the amount for the 2/01 payroll shows up. "Post Payroll" shows "No Items To Post". When I run "Feb. Payroll Check Register" it shows both 2/1 and 2/15 payroll checks (but not in regular check register). "Selected Payroll Data Report" shows both 2/1 and 2/15/22. When I run "Payments Due To Vendors", it shows 2/01 and 2/15/22 for the Employee SSI, Employee Medicare, and Fed. Withholding. Why does this 2nd payroll show up in some places and not in others? How can I get it corrected?

NeilZ

Re: 941 Payroll Problem

Post by NeilZ »

TeresaZ wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:12 pm
February had 2 pay periods, 2/01 and 2/15/22. The 2nd (2/15/22) does not show up in February check register nor does it show up in 941 Tax Deposit amounts--only the amount for the 2/01 payroll shows up. "Post Payroll" shows "No Items To Post". When I run "Feb. Payroll Check Register" it shows both 2/1 and 2/15 payroll checks (but not in regular check register). "Selected Payroll Data Report" shows both 2/1 and 2/15/22. When I run "Payments Due To Vendors", it shows 2/01 and 2/15/22 for the Employee SSI, Employee Medicare, and Fed. Withholding. Why does this 2nd payroll show up in some places and not in others? How can I get it corrected?
THere are two separate data areas here. Payroll is showing all the data that was there when you posted. However, Funds Accounting did not get that data so its not showing that information.

It really sounds like someone accidentally changed the setting on the Post Payroll screen from Post to Fund Accounting to Post to Payroll Module Only when it was posted.

As far as correcting it. I would look at January's mid-month Payroll posting transaction and duplicate for Feb 15th that from the data you get from the Payroll Check History.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.