Double-sided Printing

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

WBCSEC

Double-sided Printing

Post by WBCSEC »

Something has changed. When I used to run payroll, it would print on one side, and the checks would be fine. Now I can't get anything to print on just one side. If it is more than one page, or check, it will print on both sides. Went to the Marion Baptist Association that uses Power Church this morning, she is having the same problem.
I was on the phone with one of your techs for 45 minutes and still no resolution.

NeilZ

Re: Double-sided Printing

Post by NeilZ »

WBCSEC wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:20 am
Something has changed. When I used to run payroll, it would print on one side, and the checks would be fine. Now I can't get anything to print on just one side. If it is more than one page, or check, it will print on both sides. Went to the Marion Baptist Association that uses Power Church this morning, she is having the same problem.
I was on the phone with one of your techs for 45 minutes and still no resolution.
If the techs couldn't help you then the forum really can't either.

That said, having used the program for years, what has changed on the printer side? Any new printer drivers or Windows updates?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

CounceFirst

Post by CounceFirst »

I'm having the same problem. I use the program online, so it doesn't matter which computer I try printing from it will never print one-sided anymore. Yes, I have logged into my printer admin online to make sure it is set to default at 1-sided, I have also tried opening a pdf and print one-sided first then move over to Power Church Online to print and it still prints one-sided.

Zasalamel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasalamel »

Something you could try: when you get to the point that you select which printer to use, you could print as PDF. That will save the files locally. Then open the PDF, and try printing from there. Set the preference to 1-sided from the PDF viewer.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

CounceFirst wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:45 am
I'm having the same problem. I use the program online, so it doesn't matter which computer I try printing from it will never print one-sided anymore. Yes, I have logged into my printer admin online to make sure it is set to default at 1-sided, I have also tried opening a pdf and print one-sided first then move over to Power Church Online to print and it still prints one-sided.
May I also suggest that you check that you have the latest printer drivers installed, and that you have the latest IDS client installed.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

WBCSEC

Post by WBCSEC »

@neilZ I have an IMac. I just got a new printer since my post and it still prints double sided. I don't understand what you mean by latest printer drivers or IDS client. I would think Powerchurch Tech would have checked when he screened shared. And as far as the PDF, it works but the alignment is off.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

WBCSEC wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:38 am
@neilZ I have an IMac. I just got a new printer since my post and it still prints double sided. I don't understand what you mean by latest printer drivers or IDS client. I would think Powerchurch Tech would have checked when he screened shared. And as far as the PDF, it works but the alignment is off.
Well ... Macs are a different breed, you never replied to the March post, so 'no news is good news' usually. In reality the reply was for someone who 'piggy backed' off your post, so it may apply to them.

That said, even Macs have printer drivers, and depending on the version of MacOS you have, there may be a newer driver for that printer.

What brand and model of printer do you have?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zasalamel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasalamel »

Most PDF viewers will default to scale to fit the content on the page. You may need to check the preferences of the particular PDF viewer you're using, and set the scaling to use the original formatting