Accounting Custom Report

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CUUCSW

Accounting Custom Report

Post by CUUCSW »

I am trying to create a custom report in Accounting, and have never done one before so I'm struggling.

I want like an I&E report that only shows 6 line items so I can quickly run a report showing how much each employee has spent out of their Professional Dvp money for the year, and how much is budgeted for the year.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!!

NeilZ

Re: Accounting Custom Report

Post by NeilZ »

CUUCSW wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:40 pm
I am trying to create a custom report in Accounting, and have never done one before so I'm struggling.

I want like an I&E report that only shows 6 line items so I can quickly run a report showing how much each employee has spent out of their Professional Dvp money for the year, and how much is budgeted for the year.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!!
Have you looked at the built-in Budget Report?? You can select a range of accounts to display, and it will show the actual spending, and the budget amount for the month, and annually. Not knowing how you have your accounts setup, this is a possible way to get that data.

Another way is to Export Accounting Data to an Excel spreadsheet. Finally, you can have Powerchurch put together a report for you, but that involves a fee.

All that said, running a custom report against Accounting is not a trivial task, I can't find any Knowledgebase article that shows how to create a report in Accounting, nor any video training that covers this. I'll see if I can get a tech to give some advice.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Accounting Custom Report

Post by Zorak »

For what it sounds like you are looking for, I would think Neil's suggestion of the Budget Report would be a good, easy solution.

Unfortunately, what reporting is possible via the Custom Report Writer in Fund Accounting is basically the information you get from the Export Data utility. It's only reporting on account balances and budgets for the selected period. Using the Export Data utility, if the Budget Report doesn't do what you want, would be less work than writing a custom report.