Posted Check not in Check Register

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

JamTowns

Posted Check not in Check Register

Post by JamTowns »

I wrote a number of checks on 3/7/2022 and when reconciling the checking account today the last check of that series does not show up in the check register. It appears in the posted transactions and in the account activity of the corresponding expense account but not in the register of that fund. I re-indexed the files. Check still missing in register. I voided and reissued the check (forgot to change from today's date) and it still does not show in the check register. Posted transactions and the expense account activity show the original check entry and the voided and reissued check but not in the check registry. The check number does not show up when reconciling the check registry.

What else can I try?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Posted Check not in Check Register

Post by Zorak »

If the missing check is dated on or after the bank statement date you are reconciling, you would need to uncheck the option at the top of the Reconcile Bank Accounts screen that reads "Only show items dated before statement date".

Also, verify that the checking account you are reconciling was actually used in that transaction.

JamTowns

Re: Posted Check not in Check Register

Post by JamTowns »

My apology. I just discovered I had made an error for an account number that I did not notice earlier. When reissuing the check the same error occurred. You may delete the question as it is no longer relevant.