Editing a Check Amount

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wms7328

Editing a Check Amount

Post by wms7328 »

In PC14, when you edit a check amount, it does not ask if you want to modify the accounting information. In the previous version if you changed the check amount, it would ask if you wanted to modify the accounting information shown, if selected it would automatically change the debit and credit amounts to match the new check amount. This was useful and helped make sure the accounting information was correct. In PC14 you can manually change the debit and credit amounts to match the check amount but you have to enter the debit and credit amounts and could lead to errors.

Thanks, Morris Sample

NeilZ

Re: Editing a Check Amount

Post by NeilZ »

wms7328 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:20 am
In PC14, when you edit a check amount, it does not ask if you want to modify the accounting information. In the previous version if you changed the check amount, it would ask if you wanted to modify the accounting information shown, if selected it would automatically change the debit and credit amounts to match the new check amount. This was useful and helped make sure the accounting information was correct. In PC14 you can manually change the debit and credit amounts to match the check amount but you have to enter the debit and credit amounts and could lead to errors.

Thanks, Morris Sample
I'm not seeing that in my copy of v14. I was able to go and change the amount, and it did ask if I wanted to update the accounting lines. Even after I saved the check and exited the function.

However, I did notice that the dialog did NOT appear for manual checks. I'll flag this for the techs.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

wms7328

Post by wms7328 »

Thanks, it was manual checks I was editing.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

This was previously reported and we have it fixed internally. It is currently in testing for the next Maintenance Release.