4999-xxx Released from Restriction sub-accounts

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

LCCF Treasuer

4999-xxx Released from Restriction sub-accounts

Post by LCCF Treasuer »

I inherited a chart of accounts from the previous group of persons that were updating PC. In the chart of accounts, there are several 4999- Released from Restriction accounts, some of which have historical activity. But I cannot find any way to link new ones into the Restriction Release process. I understand that the 4999-000 account is the default one. My questions are, (1) is there a way to link new 4999- accounts into the release process for specific restricted accounts, (2) is it even worth tracking these figures thru multiple accounts (vs. just letting all of them go thru the default 4999-000 account), and (3) are these multiple 4999- accounts just a leftover from previous versions of PC that required such accounts?

NeilZ

Re: 4999-xxx Released from Restriction sub-accounts

Post by NeilZ »

LCCF Treasuer wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:39 pm
I inherited a chart of accounts from the previous group of persons that were updating PC. In the chart of accounts, there are several 4999- Released from Restriction accounts, some of which have historical activity. But I cannot find any way to link new ones into the Restriction Release process. I understand that the 4999-000 account is the default one. My questions are, (1) is there a way to link new 4999- accounts into the release process for specific restricted accounts, (2) is it even worth tracking these figures thru multiple accounts (vs. just letting all of them go thru the default 4999-000 account), and (3) are these multiple 4999- accounts just a leftover from previous versions of PC that required such accounts?
1. I have no idea why the previous bookkeeper/treasurer did that, its not just necessary The release is tracked on the transaction where the release was made.

2. No its not worth tracking. The tracking is taken care of when you release the funds from the restricted income account, and is reflected as such on the Income & Expense report.

3. No previous PCPlus version has required subaccounts under the 4999- account.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.