Correcting Entry on Liability Account

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gccc

Correcting Entry on Liability Account

Post by gccc »

Our church has a Walmart credit card (2210)and a Visa (2205). When balancing the Walmart liability account today, I found an amount that should have been posted to the Visa liability account. In an effort to correct this, I voided the original manual check entry in Accounts Payable and reentered it to the correct liability account then posted all to Fund Accounting. It all looks fine when I check the posted entries and even the Account Activity report for the budget line it affected looks right, but when I went back in to finish reconciling the Walmart liability account, the reversal of the initial credit is not showing. I'm not sure how to correct it from here.

NeilZ

Re: Correcting Entry on Liability Account

Post by NeilZ »

gccc wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:04 pm
Our church has a Walmart credit card (2210)and a Visa (2205). When balancing the Walmart liability account today, I found an amount that should have been posted to the Visa liability account. In an effort to correct this, I voided the original manual check entry in Accounts Payable and reentered it to the correct liability account then posted all to Fund Accounting. It all looks fine when I check the posted entries and even the Account Activity report for the budget line it affected looks right, but when I went back in to finish reconciling the Walmart liability account, the reversal of the initial credit is not showing. I'm not sure how to correct it from here.
I suspect you may have entered the replacement using the current date. At the top of the reconcile window UNCHECK the box for Only show items dated before statement date.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

gccc

Re: Correcting Entry on Liability Account

Post by gccc »

Yep. That did it. Thanks!