Open invoice new line

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

whfpc

Open invoice new line

Post by whfpc »

PC 12 user, good morning, I have noticed since the most recent update when entering open invoices with multiple lines the system doesn't automatically take you to the next line until you are in balance, at times you have to choose to add a line because the option to click on the next line is not there.
Exp - Board of Pensions invoice $10647.75, breaks down to a liability account (the amount the employee has taken from their check) then to each fund account for the amount budgeting that the church pays for health insurance:
012005 364.94 (from here it would pop to the next line)
015047-004 3402.38 (again to the next line, this one I had to add a line)
etc.

Normally I can just keep rolling and entering until the last line balances. Hope that makes sense.

Robin

NeilZ

Re: Open invoice new line

Post by NeilZ »

whfpc wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:21 am
PC 12 user, good morning, I have noticed since the most recent update when entering open invoices with multiple lines the system doesn't automatically take you to the next line until you are in balance, at times you have to choose to add a line because the option to click on the next line is not there.
Exp - Board of Pensions invoice $10647.75, breaks down to a liability account (the amount the employee has taken from their check) then to each fund account for the amount budgeting that the church pays for health insurance:
012005 364.94 (from here it would pop to the next line)
015047-004 3402.38 (again to the next line, this one I had to add a line)
etc.

Normally I can just keep rolling and entering until the last line balances. Hope that makes sense.

Robin
I'm guessing that they fixes an issue where the lines were created when people did not want them to be. V14 works the same way.

FWIW ... you can easily take care of this by creating an invoice as a 'repeating item', so its already setup to be used. However, if you're paying through Payroll using the 'Create Accounts Payable .. " function, you can avoid all that by creating employer liability items for the pastor under payroll, then all the employer payments all go to the BoP liability account, and you just pay out of there.

What this does is accurately show how in Payroll, the church health and retirement liabilities. I've setup payroll that way at 3 or 4 different Presbyterian churches. The BoP rates don't change until the new year, and thus this eliminates you having to do all that stuff when you cut the check.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

pcu67311

Post by pcu67311 »

I'm having the same problem with inputting invoices. Sometimes it gives me the next line and sometimes it won't unless I tell it to add a line. This is getting annoying. Can this be fixed. It just started with the update.

whfpc

Post by whfpc »

I would also like to see if it can be addressed.

beas

Post by beas »

I'm also having the same problem.
Bill Beasley
Secretary-Treasurer
Neighborhood Church
Albany, Oregon
User since ~1988

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There will be a Maintenance Release coming out later this week to fix this behavior. It was an inadvertent change that was made in fixing a different issue.

beas

Post by beas »

FYI, the same happens when just posting transactions. Probably the same routine in the code.
Bill Beasley
Secretary-Treasurer
Neighborhood Church
Albany, Oregon
User since ~1988

fbctnc

Post by fbctnc »

Ver 14 Online

I, too, am having this problem.

Thanks.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Zorak wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 2:44 pm
There will be a Maintenance Release coming out later this week to fix this behavior. It was an inadvertent change that was made in fixing a different issue.