Corrections in Payroll module?

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

BobD

Corrections in Payroll module?

Post by BobD »

I am using version 9 running on XP. In preparing my quarterly 941, I encountered errors in the payroll module & investigation revealed that our June 15th payroll had posted duplicate entries for our taxable employees. In racking my brain as to possible reasons, I remembered that our computer is connected to two printers and I inadvertently selected the wrong one and the payroll printed on plain paper. I immediately indicated that I wanted checks reprinted and the checks printed properly. All
entries posted properly in the fund accounting module (Fed. taxes, salaries, SS, Medicare), but all of these entries were duplicated in the Payroll Reports. Thus, the Quarterly Report was incorrect and rather laborious compilation of Form 941 was required. I suspect that I will have to live with this, but is there any way to selectively post and make corrections in the payroll module?------------------------- +++++++++

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Using the "reprint any checks" should not ever duplicate any transactions.

When you run a Payroll Check Amounts report, do you see duplication? When you run a Selected Payroll Data report, do you see duplication?

If somehow there are items duplicated on the Payroll side, voiding the PR checks and reentering them as manual checks with the same dates and check numbers should get you fixed up. This will, however create another unposted Fund Accounting transaction.

If the Fund Accounting side is currently correct, needing no changes, simply delete the unposted transactions that are created using the Modify Unposted Transactions.

I will run some tests on this to make sure there isn't a problem with the reprint checks process.

BobD

Post by BobD »

Zorak: Thanks for your prompt reply and your suggested solutions. Yes, all reports in the payroll module reflect the duplication. Since I already have manually compiled second quarter payroll information, and since the accounting is correct in Fund Acounting, I think I will leave well enough alone and not go to the bother of the manual entries. Thanks again -

Bob D.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

You still might want to make the corrections now. You will run into the same problem at the end of the year with W2s.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I did test this in the 11/11/2005 build of version 9, I reprinted the same three checks four times and still all of my YTD numbers in Payroll and Fund Accounting were correct.

BobD

Post by BobD »

Zorak & Jeff:

Thanks for your advice and suggestions. I decided to make corrections in the payroll module and delete entries in the "modify tansactions" field, and now all records are in accord, and all is copacetic in Texas (except for 102 degrees).

Muchos gracias -

Bob D.