Problem Printing checks no longer in Open Invoice

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lyhhhumc

Problem Printing checks no longer in Open Invoice

Post by lyhhhumc »

I loaded my printer with pre-printed checks and released my checks to be printed.
But I didn't notice that my checks were not loaded correctly and pulled them out and stopped the printer.
The checks are no longer in the 'Maintain Open Invoices' and I can't figure out how to initiate a reprint.

They are in Account Funding - Modify Unposted Transactions. HELP! I need to print and mail them out like yesterday.

Can you please tell me the way to resolve this problem?

NeilZ

Re: Problem Printing checks no longer in Open Invoice

Post by NeilZ »

lyhhhumc wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:52 pm
I loaded my printer with pre-printed checks and released my checks to be printed.
But I didn't notice that my checks were not loaded correctly and pulled them out and stopped the printer.
The checks are no longer in the 'Maintain Open Invoices' and I can't figure out how to initiate a reprint.

They are in Account Funding - Modify Unposted Transactions. HELP! I need to print and mail them out like yesterday.

Can you please tell me the way to resolve this problem?
Did you click YES on the popup that asked if you needed to reprint checks? If not, you can't reprint and it sounds like you POSTED Accounts Payable at the same time.

The only way to get around this is to VOID and REISSUE the check. You'll have to do each one individually. I'm assuming you have v14.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

lyhhhumc

Post by lyhhhumc »

Thank you for your immediate response. Yes, I have v14. I did Answer No. However, they are listed as Unposted Transactions. Can I void in AP and the transaction not be deleted?

I have 12 checks. That is far too many to void.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

lyhhhumc wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:26 pm
Thank you for your immediate response. Yes, I have v14. I did Answer No. However, they are listed as Unposted Transactions. Can I void in AP and the transaction not be deleted?

I have 12 checks. That is far too many to void.
They may be too many to void, but you'll have to do that in order to properly print. If you answered NO to the 'properly printed' box, then they would NOT have been posted to Fund Accounting, and would not be in the Unposted Transactions.

And YES ... you should always void checks from Accounts Payable, not directly in Funds Accounting as that does NOT update the Accounts Payable databases.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.