941 Tax Deposit vs 941 Quarterly Report Discrepancy

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

antiochmbc

941 Tax Deposit vs 941 Quarterly Report Discrepancy

Post by antiochmbc »

I'm trying to file my second quarter tax report, but I'm showing a difference of $84.66 between the 941 tax deposit report and the actual quarterly return - the quarterly return is showing the lesser amount. The federal income tax withheld and medicare wages are showing the same on both forms, but the social security is off. How do I fix!

NeilZ

Re: 941 Tax Deposit vs 941 Quarterly Report Discrepancy

Post by NeilZ »

antiochmbc wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:54 pm
I'm trying to file my second quarter tax report, but I'm showing a difference of $84.66 between the 941 tax deposit report and the actual quarterly return - the quarterly return is showing the lesser amount. The federal income tax withheld and medicare wages are showing the same on both forms, but the social security is off. How do I fix!
This is a new one on me. Just to check, do you have the most current Maintenance Release installed? There was a fix done in June's update (and since they are cumulative included in the latest) for the 941.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

antioch-alexandria

Post by antioch-alexandria »

Yes, I'm certain I have the latest version of Powerchurch v14. I just went to the help dropdown menu and selected download maintenance release to make absolutely certain. It says the latest version is already installed. So, do I just use the 941 Quarterly Tax return as the correct report?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

antioch-alexandria wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:28 pm
Yes, I'm certain I have the latest version of Powerchurch v14. I just went to the help dropdown menu and selected download maintenance release to make absolutely certain. It says the latest version is already installed. So, do I just use the 941 Quarterly Tax return as the correct report?
I'd hold off, I'm going to get a tech to review this as I just tested on my system, and the totals on the two reports are the same.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

My guess would be there is an issue with the setup of one of the Payroll Items - either something is reported as taxable by Social Security and shouldn't be (or vice versa), or the setup on an employee whose income is taxable by Social Security has had their Social Security deduction stop processing, or stop using a tax table. It's hard to know anything for certain without being able to take a look at your actual setup.

The 941 Calculation Report would be a good place to start, as that report is there to help track down how PowerChurch is coming up with those figures on the 941 form.

Give us a call at (800) 486-1800 when you have access to PowerChurch and a technician will take a look at it with you. We are available from 9AM to 6PM Eastern, Monday through Friday.