error in the reference

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

yesmin7

error in the reference

Post by yesmin7 »

hi. I just realized I made a mistake last month coding an expense. and I already closed the month
What I can do?

NeilZ

Re: error in the reference

Post by NeilZ »

yesmin7 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:45 am
hi. I just realized I made a mistake last month coding an expense. and I already closed the month
What I can do?
This is one of the reasons we do not recommend closing months, there really is no need, and there are times such as this, that things may need to be corrected or reversed.

If you're not using v12 or higher, all you can do is reverse the transaction using today's date, and re-enter. However starting with v12 there is a way to reopen a month. This is found in the HELP file and in the PCPlus manual for your version.
It may be necessary to reopen a month that was previously closed. This could be done by restoring a backup, but that would also overwrite any other changes that had been made since the backup was created. The Reopen a Month utility is a much better alternative.

Users with Accounting Administrator privileges are able to reopen a month by going to Accounting > Fund Accounting > Setup > Reopen a Month.

Note: Any subsequent months that were previously closed will be reopened as a result of this process. For example, if you reopen the month of January 2021, February, March, April, and any other months that had since been closed will also be reopened.

An entry in the Accounting Audit Log is created when the process is complete. Refer to Audit Log for more information.
Hope this helps.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.