Way to delete accounts in bulk (in chart of accounts)?

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

BBS

Way to delete accounts in bulk (in chart of accounts)?

Post by BBS »

I realize this is only an initial setup issue, but I would find it helpful if I could mark a whole series of accounts in the chart of accounts and then do a "bulk delete" process. I have looked, but I assume it is not possible, right?

Edit: Or, maybe there is a way to edit the Chart of Accounts outside of PowerChurch+ Desktop and then reimport it? That would work…

Edit2: I found this video by John Myers that describes the process and provides help for newbies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWcrbEHIVrY
PowerChurch Plus v. 14 on Windows 10 Home running in Parallels 18

BBS

Re: Way to delete accounts in bulk (in chart of accounts)?

Post by BBS »

There does not seem to be any "bulk delete" option, but one can do it quite quickly with the keyboard shortcuts "N" and "D" for "Next" and "Delete".

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If they are group accounts or don't have any transaction history, then that is correct. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to delete them. Instead, there are tools for marking accounts inactive and merging multiple accounts together that can be used to clean up the Chart of Accounts.

BBS

Post by BBS »

Zorak wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:34 pm
If they are group accounts or don't have any transaction history, then that is correct. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to delete them. Instead, there are tools for marking accounts inactive and merging multiple accounts together that can be used to clean up the Chart of Accounts.
Yes, Zorak, they had no transaction history since I'm just setting up the chart of accounts. I think I have it to where I want it. Thank you.