Reconciling - What's Happened To My Data?

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

GNBBC

Reconciling - What's Happened To My Data?

Post by GNBBC »

Upon opening the statement date for September 2022 to verify reconciliation, the data in all four columns (Reference, Date, Amount, and Description) were completely blank. The only thing that remained were the balances at the bottom. What's happened to all that data?

About two weeks ago, the September and October Statements were printed, and it has all of that information on it, but now it's gone. Can you please help me? Thank you. Joyce.

Zasalamel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Reconciling - What's Happened To My Data?

Post by Zasalamel »

Hi Joyce,
It sounds like what you're doing is going into the active Reconciliation window, which only keeps track of transactions that have not yet been (or are currently in the process of being) reconciled. You should be able to find what you're looking for by going to Accounting > Fund Accounting > Reports - Fund Accounting, and running the "Bank/Credit Card Reconciliation Report". That should allow you to look at any prior reconciliations in a report form, which can be printed if you need.

GNBBC

Post by GNBBC »

Zas, I followed those exact steps, and those areas were blank. Is there a way to restore that data?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

GNBBC wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:46 pm
Zas, I followed those exact steps, and those areas were blank. Is there a way to restore that data?
OK .. taking another look at the original post ... you went into the Reconcile Bank/Credit Card Accounts is that right? As Zasalamel says, you're not going to see anything there as all those transactions have been previously reconciled. They won't appear again.

Again, as he said. go to the menu ACCOUNTING -> FUND ACCOUNTING -> REPORTS - Fund Accounting, find the Bank/Credit Card Reconciliation Report double click on the report name, then select the report that is of the Bank Statement date. I'm assuming that September's will be 09/30/2022 .. it should show all the transactions reconciled as of that date.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

GNBBC

Post by GNBBC »

My apologies, sir. Zas was absolutely correct. As it turned out, we had entered the wrong year. Thank you, Zas and Neil. Have a terrific day!

GNBBC

Post by GNBBC »

My apologies, sir. Zas was absolutely correct. As it turned out, we had entered the wrong year. Thank you, Zas and Neil. Have a terrific day!