payroll taxes

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Patsy W

payroll taxes

Post by Patsy W »

For the year 2022 each quarter when I complete the 941 quarterly filing we have been short 8.35. I have researched the problem and have noticed that starting in 2022 the Employer SSI & Employer Med. did not match the Employee amount by $1.40. This amount for the quarter is a difference in 8.40. I can not find what has changed in the system to cause this. Can you help with this?

NeilZ

Re: payroll taxes

Post by NeilZ »

Patsy W wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:46 pm
For the year 2022 each quarter when I complete the 941 quarterly filing we have been short 8.35. I have researched the problem and have noticed that starting in 2022 the Employer SSI & Employer Med. did not match the Employee amount by $1.40. This amount for the quarter is a difference in 8.40. I can not find what has changed in the system to cause this. Can you help with this?
There shouldn't be a difference, and I don't suspect an issue with the program, or else we'd see more than one issue raised. I would make sure that the employer tax tables (if there are separate tables used from the employee) for SS & Medicare are using the same percentage and that any boxes for rounding to the next dollar are checked the same as that as the employee.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.