Best and easiest transaction for correcting Credit Card

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

NeilZ

Re: Best and easiest transaction for correcting Credit Card

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:19 pm
Okay, I ran the Account Activity report and it is the subtotals for each fund that is the breakout for the payment? I appreciate all of the help with this new process for me!
FWIW ... you really don't have to worry about which fund is being credited, as that should be done when you enter the transaction through the AP system.

You've already moved the funds from the fund to the liability, in essence, the funds have been 'spent', and will show as expenses on the I&E report. For example:

That said, when you run the report, the total should equal the amount of the CC statement, and the subtotals should equal the amount needed to be credited to each fund when you write the check.

SO if the CC bill is 500.00, the report should show a total of 500.00. If it shows more, you would need to cross reference to the Reconciliation Report to see what transactions were not cleared, and deduct those amounts if they're in the Activity Report. Unfortunately that is a manual process, but shouldn't take all that long. What is left should equal the amount of the CC bill.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

christybeth

Post by christybeth »

Just wanted to give a shoutout to NeilZ for all of your help with this!! Appreciate your time and knowledge!!

Christy

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

christybeth wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 4:29 pm
Just wanted to give a shoutout to NeilZ for all of your help with this!! Appreciate your time and knowledge!!

Christy
Hi Christy ...

I take it that everything is now setup and running. Great !!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.