Pass thru Contribution

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

louisel

Pass thru Contribution

Post by louisel »

I had posted contributions one for special gifts and one for lenten offering. These ended up showing up in liabilities under pass thru contributions. When I posted the Lenten gift payment, I did not realize that it will still appear in liabilities as does the special gifts, neither of these are restricted funds and the money has been used. How do I remove those funds from those liabilities accounts without affecting the income accounts? No one noticed this until January 2023 in our year end review but these deposits were made in feb, March and April 2022

NeilZ

Re: Pass thru Contribution

Post by NeilZ »

louisel wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:08 am
I had posted contributions one for special gifts and one for lenten offering. These ended up showing up in liabilities under pass thru contributions. When I posted the Lenten gift payment, I did not realize that it will still appear in liabilities as does the special gifts, neither of these are restricted funds and the money has been used. How do I remove those funds from those liabilities accounts without affecting the income accounts? No one noticed this until January 2023 in our year end review but these deposits were made in feb, March and April 2022
I'm going to assume you sent out the funds by creating a check, then using an expense account from your chart of accounts, right? If so, you need to 'reimburse' those expense accounts by moving funds from the liability to the expense account. I'd do this as a 12/31/2022 transaction, so I hope you haven't closed the months. If so, and you're using v14 (not sure if v12 has this capability) you can reopen that month and enter the transaction.

As always do a backup of the accounting database before doing anything so you can revert back if that's an issue.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.