Transferring funds from Tithes and Offerings to Temp restricted Mission funds

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

meadowbrookfwbchurch

Transferring funds from Tithes and Offerings to Temp restricted Mission funds

Post by meadowbrookfwbchurch »

We have V14 and I am using Windows 10.
At the end of the month I need to transfer 15% of the Tithes and Offerings to several different temp restricted mission accounts.
When figuring our yearly budget, we increase our budgeted expenses 15% and include it in the budget as Percentage Giving. I somehow need to increase that budgeted expense each month as well as increase the income for each Temp restricted mission accounts.
I only have an 01 Fund.
Thank you.

NeilZ

Re: Transferring funds from Tithes and Offerings to Temp restricted Mission funds

Post by NeilZ »

meadowbrookfwbchurch wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:10 am
We have V14 and I am using Windows 10.
At the end of the month I need to transfer 15% of the Tithes and Offerings to several different temp restricted mission accounts.
When figuring our yearly budget, we increase our budgeted expenses 15% and include it in the budget as Percentage Giving. I somehow need to increase that budgeted expense each month as well as increase the income for each Temp restricted mission accounts.
I only have an 01 Fund.
Thank you.
Um ... why are you increasing the budget? I would just use that 15% of last year's income (or the estimated income for this year) and divide that up between the various accounts. Anything over that can be explained as increased income of offerings at the end of the year. Don't make more work for yourself in this case. The system doesn't keep a history of budget increases, so there's really no reason to do that (IMHO).

As far as increasing the income for those accounts; as I'm assuming you only have one checking account and all the funds are there, and you have the program figure out how the funds are separated, all you would need to do is DEBIT the regular tithes and offerings income account, and CREDIT the income accounts for the temp restricted funds.

I've tested this, and it works. As always I advise people to do a backup of the accounting files to be able to revert back if the results aren't as expected.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.