posting correction

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Uthminmel

posting correction

Post by Uthminmel »

I was trying to correct the posting of contributions that were going to all the wrong places in a new system. I reversed and corrected once but then noticed a few other misplaced things in the same transaction. So I reversed and corrected again. Then my office manager came in and reversed and corrected something else in the same transaction. This happened many times to the point where I can not trace what is what and the balances in several accounts is off. We tried to go back and reverse some of the reverses but that just dug a deeper hole to the point where no one can make sense of anything. Is there a way to get rid of all the reverses and corrections in order to fix the original problems in one transaction?
Thank you

NeilZ

Re: posting correction

Post by NeilZ »

Uthminmel wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:06 pm
I was trying to correct the posting of contributions that were going to all the wrong places in a new system. I reversed and corrected once but then noticed a few other misplaced things in the same transaction. So I reversed and corrected again. Then my office manager came in and reversed and corrected something else in the same transaction. This happened many times to the point where I can not trace what is what and the balances in several accounts is off. We tried to go back and reverse some of the reverses but that just dug a deeper hole to the point where no one can make sense of anything. Is there a way to get rid of all the reverses and corrections in order to fix the original problems in one transaction?
Thank you
I suspect you don't have a backup from before you started all these reversals, right? If not, you've got some issues that can't be corrected easily.

This is why it is always recommended that a Powerchurch backup be done at the end of any day Powerchurch is used and items updated.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.