Unable to post transactions to cash account

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Gleno

Post by Gleno »

Windows ME
PowerChruch Plus 8.5

ERROR [CHECK # or ref #] NOT POSTED - cannot post to Fund Excess Account no. 101

Each time I try to post to funds I get the above message. 01-1010-000 has been my cash account since I started using Power Church and I have never had a problem posting transactions containing the cash account before. The problem just started within the last three days. I have no idea why or what to do to fix it. I have reindexed accounting files.

Glen

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

The transaction(s) that you have unposted, could you please list all the debit and credit accounts you are using for each transaction? It sounds like one of those transactions might be trying to use the Excess Income and Expense Account, which is not an account you can post to.

Also go to File-Preferences-Accounting Setup and then click on the Fund Accounting tab. Let us know what it says for excess income and expense is ____

Gleno

Post by Gleno »

I checked the Acc setup and found that the excess account was numbered 101. I don't have any idea how this happened, but I changed it and the transactions all posted correctly.

Thanks for your help!!

Glen