Custom Check Layout/Printing

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CorinthBC

Custom Check Layout/Printing

Post by CorinthBC »

Two questions about check printing:
1. I have discovered Custom Check Layout. My checks have the $ symbol already pre-printed. Is there a code to replace Chk_Total that will print just the numbers without the $ symbol?
2. I figured out that I need to create an invoice in order to print checks, but I can't find a setting to assign the default tray on my printer. The print dialog that typically pops up in other programs does not pop up in PowerChurch.

CorinthBC

Re: Custom Check Layout/Printing

Post by CorinthBC »

I just solved the first question by going into the Field Properties for Chk_Total, clicking the Format tab, and changing Format Expression from $$,$$$,$$$.99
to

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

CorinthBC wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:31 pm
Two questions about check printing:
1. I have discovered Custom Check Layout. My checks have the $ symbol already pre-printed. Is there a code to replace Chk_Total that will print just the numbers without the $ symbol?
2. I figured out that I need to create an invoice in order to print checks, but I can't find a setting to assign the default tray on my printer. The print dialog that typically pops up in other programs does not pop up in PowerChurch.
I'm fairly sure that the print dialog in Powerchurch uses the default printer setup on your computer. For example, when print a report, the dialog comes up listing my system's default printer, this also allows me to see the Configure Printer button, clicking on that brings up the 'Print Setup' window, where there's a drop down that allows you to select the 'source'.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

CorinthBC

Post by CorinthBC »

2. Sorry...I asked about general check printing, but I was actually using the Print Preview/Print option in Custom Check Layout when I asked the question...where it allows you to print a sample to ensure that everything looks right. It just goes straight to the printer there with no dialog at all,

But that's good to know there are options when printing a check for real.

Thanks for your help.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

CorinthBC wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:53 am
2. Sorry...I asked about general check printing, but I was actually using the Print Preview/Print option in Custom Check Layout when I asked the question...where it allows you to print a sample to ensure that everything looks right. It just goes straight to the printer there with no dialog at all,

But that's good to know there are options when printing a check for real.

Thanks for your help.
Yes ... the custom check preview/print option goes to the default printer, to the tray setup in that default. I don't remember if it gave an option or not, but I'll have a tech review this topic.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Clicking the print button on the custom check layout print preview doesn't show a prompt to change the printer. It goes directly to the default Windows printer and uses its default settings. Printing actual checks will give you the opportunity to choose which printer.

If you are using PowerChurch Plus, the print dialog will also allow you to dive into your specific printer's settings.

If it's PowerChurch Online, we're printing everything to a PDF behind the scenes that is downloaded and sent directly to the printer. In that instance, you would want to choose Preview PDF from the list of printers. This will create the PDF, download it, then open the PDF in your default PDF Reader software, where you can then open a print dialog and set whatever printer specific options you want.

CorinthBC

Post by CorinthBC »

Zorak wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:27 pm
If you are using PowerChurch Plus, the print dialog will also allow you to dive into your specific printer's settings.
Thanks for the info. It's PowerChurch Plus.

RivertonCC

Post by RivertonCC »

PC V.14.4
Custom Check Layout. I have 3 checks per sheet. I went into Custom check layout and copied the layout 2 more times on the page. However, the same information prints on 3 different checks. How do I set up a custom check layout for 3 checks per page?
Thank you in advance.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

RivertonCC wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:45 pm
PC V.14.4
Custom Check Layout. I have 3 checks per sheet. I went into Custom check layout and copied the layout 2 more times on the page. However, the same information prints on 3 different checks. How do I set up a custom check layout for 3 checks per page?
Thank you in advance.
This check design is not compatible with Powerchurch. Powerchurch expects one check per page. Compatible checks can be found here:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/kb. ... =52&type=1
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

RivertonCC

Post by RivertonCC »

Thank you for the quick response and link. very much appreciated.