Check Signature - wish list request
Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support
-
tborgal
- Posts: 863
- Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:55 pm
- Location: New England Bible Church, Andover, MA
- Contact:
Check Signature - wish list request
I would like to have added to the wish list the ability to print a signature on computer generated checks. In my case this would save a lot of work when generating large numbers of checks.
Tom
Re: Check Signature - wish list request
Tom,tborgal wrote:I would like to have added to the wish list the ability to print a signature on computer generated checks. In my case this would save a lot of work when generating large numbers of checks.
while this sounds like a great idea ... it also sounds like a good way to commit fraud if only a single signature was required on the check. Not knocking the idea, but adding it to Powerchurch as a feature would open that type of activity up to abuse.
Remember, a system admin has access to the entire system and could print off checks. That said, wouldn't some sort of rubber stamp or the like work ?
Neil Zampella
Using PC+ since 1999.
Using PC+ since 1999.
-
tborgal
- Posts: 863
- Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:55 pm
- Location: New England Bible Church, Andover, MA
- Contact:
I can see your point about the fraud issue, but in my case I am the system admin. However I am sure that this does not apply to all others using this software. I have been using a rubber stamp but I wear them out fairly quickly and I can not get another one made from the original so I have to give them a new signature every time, which for me seems to be a problem. I guess I should have been a doctor because my signature is pretty unintelligible and I can't seem to do it twice in a row the same way, thus the need for the stamp and or some other means of signing checks.
Tom
-
emellesee
- Posts: 83
- Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:14 am
- Location: North Burlington Baptist Church
- Contact:
I remember seeing a CSI:Miami episode once where a lady running a charity had a big disc with a crank. The disc was carved so that when you attached a pen and turned the crank, the pen would reproduce the woman's signature exactly. The episode was fiction, but it sounded like the gadget was a real device designed for people who need to sign a lot of stuff. I have no idea what the device is called or where to get one, but it sounds like this is what you need.
ML
ML
I have used this system at the last two churches I have worked. We had scanned signatures in a word file and just imported them to the custom check design. The check and balance to this is that you should have an elder or treasurer or board member receive the bank statements unopened before they go to the administrator or whoever handles your finance. They look at the checks and can check to see if anything is out of order. Fraud is always a possibiliy but if you have more than one person handling the finances, it is more difficult. I do not see auto sign any different than a stamp and it is much more time efficient.
Another Way to See Church