posted contributions not appearing in reconciliation report

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

fpcmonett

posted contributions not appearing in reconciliation report

Post by fpcmonett »

Contributions posted on a specific date are not appearing in the reconciliation report. The fund report shows that contributions were entered/posted to the correct fund, and the date is not an issue.

Karen Standerwick
admin@fpcmonett.com
ksnevin@gmail.com

NeilZ

Re: posted contributions not appearing in reconciliation report

Post by NeilZ »

fpcmonett wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:04 pm
Contributions posted on a specific date are not appearing in the reconciliation report. The fund report shows that contributions were entered/posted to the correct fund, and the date is not an issue.

Karen Standerwick
admin@fpcmonett.com
ksnevin@gmail.com
Karen,

I'm assuming you posted from Contributions to Fund Accounting, right ??
Did you post in Fund Accounting?
Are you sure the date is not an issue? If you're looking at December, what was the date of the bank statement? If that was dated December 29th, and contributions were not deposited until January, they would not show up in the reconciliation as the deposit really didn't happen until January 2nd.

There's another reason why they may not have shown up ... were they posted directly to Fund Accounting, or did someone change the default Contributions posting location to something else. You can check this in the system by heading to Contributions -> Setup -> View Contributions Audit Log

Let us know what you find.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fpcmonett

Post by fpcmonett »

Yes, I have posted to fund accounting from contributions and fund accounting. Yes, date is not issue. I even unchecked the date. Bank statement is 12/31. The contribution was deposited 12/26 and appears on the bank statement.
Contribution appears in the audit log. In the setup option it posts contributions to "update fund accounting."
I ran a "selected transactions" report, and it does not appear there with the other contributions in that time frame.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

fpcmonett wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:19 pm
Yes, I have posted to fund accounting from contributions and fund accounting. Yes, date is not issue. I even unchecked the date. Bank statement is 12/31. The contribution was deposited 12/26 and appears on the bank statement.
Contribution appears in the audit log. In the setup option it posts contributions to "update fund accounting."
I ran a "selected transactions" report, and it does not appear there with the other contributions in that time frame.
OK .. if you ran the mouse over the Audit Log entry, and at the message block at the bottom it said, 'posted to Funds Accounting', and when you run a Funds Report by Date report, and the Contributions database shows that its there, then there's only one thing that could have happened.

Did you do a restore of Accounting after the time it was posted to Funds Accounting? Its possible that if you did, the restore did NOT have that pending transaction sitting in the posting queue.

In any case, you'll have to enter the deposit manually. What I would do is find a previous contribution deposit transaction, and use that as a template to create the replacement transaction.

If you need assistance, contact me directly.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fpcmonett

Post by fpcmonett »

Shown as posted in contribution module but not appearing in fund accounting posted transactions but there are no unposted transactions to post.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

fpcmonett wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:44 pm
Shown as posted in contribution module but not appearing in fund accounting posted transactions but there are no unposted transactions to post.
Then its very possible it was overwritten by a database restore ... you'll have to add it manually.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fpcmonett

Post by fpcmonett »

Can you walk me through those steps or call me at the church?
Do I go into Fund accounting and "enter transactions"?