Payroll - Allocate Sick Time

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Buffalofoodshelf1

Payroll - Allocate Sick Time

Post by Buffalofoodshelf1 »

I'm new to the allocation of sick time as it just became law in Minnesota that all employees receive sick time.

Example - A part-time employee earns two hours of sick time each month. When and how do I allocation that? I've looked at the Time off section of the employee. I was thinking that when they get paid on 2/1 I would allocate the 2 hours - but it looks like I can only allocate time off for the month of January. Should I allocate it as of January 31? What is the start time & end time in regard to allocating the hours? Should I select January 31, add 2 hours of sick time, and use start and end time date of January 31.

This is all new to me, so I appreciate any guidance!

NeilZ

Re: Payroll - Allocate Sick Time

Post by NeilZ »

Buffalofoodshelf1 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:28 pm
I'm new to the allocation of sick time as it just became law in Minnesota that all employees receive sick time.

Example - A part-time employee earns two hours of sick time each month. When and how do I allocation that? I've looked at the Time off section of the employee. I was thinking that when they get paid on 2/1 I would allocate the 2 hours - but it looks like I can only allocate time off for the month of January. Should I allocate it as of January 31? What is the start time & end time in regard to allocating the hours? Should I select January 31, add 2 hours of sick time, and use start and end time date of January 31.

This is all new to me, so I appreciate any guidance!
You would add the 2 hours at the end of the month. When adding hours or Earning using the terminology of the system, it doesn't matter what the start or end time is as you're adding hours, just have the 'all day' box checked. When they use hours is when you need to worry about start & end times. The system also allows you to give advance sick time, as it will track how much was given and used and reflect that in the balance on the Time Off tab of the employees record under the Maintain List of Employees module.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Buffalofoodshelf1

Re: Payroll - Allocate Sick Time

Post by Buffalofoodshelf1 »

Thank you very much. I appreciate this forum!