Total Income Report

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CorinthBC

Total Income Report

Post by CorinthBC »

What report can I run at the end of the month that will show me total incoming $$$ for everything?

For example, suppose my January 7th receipts were $6000 total with $1000 being for the Lottie Moon offering.

Income/Expense report says I had $5000 in unrestricted income (which is correct), but doesn't mention the other $1000. I realize I can print an Account Activity report and pore through 10 pages or more to find it there, but is there some report that would simply pull my four deposits for January and summarize the totals for me?
Last edited by CorinthBC on Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CorinthBC

Re: Total Income Report

Post by CorinthBC »

For clarification: Lottie Moon in this example is set up as a pass-through account.

In other words, the money came in and went right back out to the designated purpose. Still, I need to reflect the fact that it "passed through" on the financial statement that I present to the church for this month. I can't seem to find a simple report that will summarize that fact.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

CorinthBC wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:37 pm
For clarification: Lottie Moon in this example is set up as a pass-through account.

In other words, the money came in and went right back out to the designated purpose. Still, I need to reflect the fact that it "passed through" on the financial statement that I present to the church for this month. I can't seem to find a simple report that will summarize that fact.
The problem is that as a 'pass-thru' its not income, its a liability that needs to be paid out. You could try using the 'Trial Balance' report as it will show the liability account with the starting balance and the current balance. So if you do the report for November and the account was empty then, it will show that, and also the ending balance. Then if you disburse the funds the next month, you would do another report showing the beginning amount and the ending amount of zero.

There's also the selected transactions report where you can run it against that account and it will show the debits and credits against that account. Then you have the check register which will show the money going out.

Other than that ... there I can't recall any specific report that will give you that data easily.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

CorinthBC

Post by CorinthBC »

Thanks.

I ended up running an Account Activity report with the range limited to our pass-through accounts, but that obviously doesn't include the regular offering income.

I will take a look at the options you suggested as well when I'm back in the office next week.